Friday, May 10, 2013

How stressful is raising your child?

Every time we go to the doctors office we get a little sheet to fill out. They ask questions like can your child count to 10, do they know their alphabet,  do they use good eye contact,  etc....then there is that one question that you know they aren't screening your child they are screening you...the mother.....

HOW STRESSFUL IS RAISING YOUR CHILD?

I am preparing for this question for Monday. The only problem is I don't know that the nurse practitioner is prepared for the answer. I am already envisioning me having a total breakdown at the doctors office crying, huge tears just streaming down my face... very similar to the breakdown I just had in the van driving home from Cedar Falls.

All I can say is some days are stressful. .....very very stressful!

I feel like everyday is stressful when you are raising kids. Some days are just less stressful then others.  Being a Mother is hard work!!! Raising my daughters is the most Important job I have ever had. I want to raise them to be followers of Christ, to love others, to choose amazing husbands like their own daddy, and to love each other because they are sisters who will always be there for each other.

So what do I find stressful about that?  I am scared, scared I will screw it up, screw them up. 

So here I fall on my knees and Pray tears falling, giving it to God!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole, you are doing the best you can with what God gave you. You are agreat mom for those girls. You give them all they need; shelter, food, clothing, and most important, a warm heart. Those girls already know about God's love and that's more than most other little kids their age.

    I always say that you have to have bad days and be thankful for them because it helps you truly appreciate the good days. I pray that you enjoy more good than bad days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, those questions. We also have ones like, "do you enjoy life?" Or something like that. My answers vary wildly and my pediatricians office probably thinks I'm bipolar because it just depends on how that day has went. Or the day before. Have I been screaming my head off because all the kids want to do is be in EVERY. LAST. THING. they shouldn't be in (for example steak knives from the dishwasher, razor blades from under the bathroom sink, batteries from the junk drawer). Or maybe we've been reading books and playing nicely. I liked this video: http://youtu.be/xmpYnxlEh0c (not sure if that link is going to work). It's a good reminder that throwing toys and hitting and me constantly reprimanding about those things is life, it's my water. I don't have to enjoy every second of it, just be there for it.

    P.S. - I am in awe of you as a mom - three girls so close in age has to be tough. You are an inspiration for keeping them alive! :)

    ReplyDelete