Monday, May 6, 2013

I'm Not 21 and I'm not 60

This is really just more like a pitty party so read along if you want, but just warning you ahead of time. :)

I turned 29 in April, I have 3 kids, and I am completely exhausted about 98 percent of the time. I usually have an hour or two during the day that I feel pretty good. But after that I am just tired. I am considering I need my thyroid checked but I think I've decided it's just my age.
I am no longer 21, I have responsibilities like a job and kids, a house to take care of, bills to pay, and my metabolism no longer lets me eat whatever I want.

But all this has put me in a funk. I don't feel all that great about myself.  I haven't had a hair cut since October partly because I am growing it out,  but also I don't have the time,  and I don't want to pay the money. Same reason I haven't got my eyebrows waxed.

I've started wearing make-up more but really it's just not me I would rather spend an extra 10 minutes in bed then take the time to do make-up. Plus I don't really know how.

And the clothing option well that's where it about puts me over the edge to complete funk. I try to go shopping with the little money I have and this is what I find it's either hey I am 21 and like to party or I am 60 headed to a retirement party. I can't seem to find that happy medium of hey I am a mom, and I am professional but I still have some style. I look around and a lot of my mom friends still got it.... for some reason I don't. I end up throwing on the same ol' sweatshirt with the same ol' jeans put my hair in the same ol' pony tail and out the door I go. Then I look around and wonder....why can't I have cute clothes? Then I start to get down on myself and I start to have my pitty party. But my question is this why? Who am I trying to impress?  And why do I care if you're not impressed?

The answer to this is as women we're always trying to impress other women. This is absolutely ridiculous!!
There is really only one earthly person that I should care about impressing and his name is Brandon. I call him my husband and he is who I should want to impress. 

Now not every husband or guy is the same they all find different things attractive but here is when Brandon tells me I am beautiful the most.....(Brandon can correct me if I am wrong) but it's when I am wearing a carhart coat with a pair of work boots and I am outside getting dirty.

So while I still want to find a style. I need to remind myself....who am I trying to impress?

No comments:

Post a Comment