Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Completely Guilty of Yelling

This article was perfect, exactly what I needed to hear. Maybe it's because at some point I think every mom has been there and I think every mom can relate and I think this is especially true for these little years the years between 2-6.
www.handsfreemama.com/2013/05/22/the-important-thing-about-yelling/

I have felt this especially over the last month. I am yelling more, WAY more and I don't like it! I don't feel any better after I yell, lets be honest my children's behavior doesn't change because I yelled and I just feel angry...A lot! I try to keep my yelling to behind closed doors because I don't want to be "that" mom the one who is yelling at their kid in wal mart or at the park or wherever you may be at. I don't want to be that and we all know and have seen it before. We have all thought to ourselves at one time or another. ..wow that mom is out of control.

    But it doesn't really matter does it whether your yelling behind the closed doors of your home or as soon as the van door closes shut, its still yelling public or not.... Your children hear, your spouse hears, and most of all God hears.

   As a strong willed child I didn't like being yelled at and in fact probably if you yell at me I will take on the challenge to make you more mad (ok that's not right either but I am being honest here). So why do I continue to yell at my own children and expect different results then what I would do? After all I am half their main role model. The person they look to when they are wondering how to act. So do I want to raise children that yell?! Absolutely Not!!

I am trying to commit to reducing the stress I can in my life. Decrease the use of my smart phone, and enjoy these little years....because as we've all been told THEY GO BY WAY TOO FAST!!!

   Praying to give my children some grace and let God work in my heart to be a good example of Christ to my beautiful daughters...because they deserve the best from me!

Colossians 3:21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discourged.

No comments:

Post a Comment