Sunday, June 9, 2013

Arrived in Zambia

We have arrived in Zambia after a long 2 day trip in an airplane.  We had great flights everything was on time and we even arrived early to Zambia which is amazing.  We were able to watch the African sunrise as we landed and it was absolutely beautiful. The smile on my face and the joy I had to know I had landed on African soil after 9 months away I return to where a part of my heart is. I love it here!!!

As we traveled in the van to the lodge 2 hours away from the airport I stared out the window and I dreamt about having my family here with me.  I someday want to share this with them. Zambia is a place that brings me so much joy and peace I feel God around me, I feel his love, I have a passion that comes alive when I am here and I want to share that with the 4 people I Love the most my husband and daughters. 

We got settled in our lodge,  our shower is cold this year so I settled for a bath in a bag (aka baby wipes), and we rested and prepared for our week in the village of Susu.

Tomorrow I will give a sermon in church.  I have asked for many prayers to give me the wisdom and knowledge to know what to say.  I do have it prepared and my anxieties have gone away. So I want to share with you why.....
I was sitting in the airport yesterday (Friday) in London and I started thinking about what I wanted to talk about (yes, I am a procrastinator) so I open my kindle and opened the bible and this was the first verse that I read,

Jeremiah 1:6-8    Then I said "Ah Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak , for I am only youth" But the Lord said to me,

"Do not say 'I am only youth'; for to all whom I send you, you shall go and whatever I command you , you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord"

Wow!! I felt God speaking to me this verse says exactly what I feel. I am so young,  I am a nurse not a pastor, I don't speak well in public but God said "No Nicole you are not youth (hello you are going to be 30 next year),  I will be with you, I will deliver you. So again he has this, God has control and I am prepared and not anxious about sharing his words!

No comments:

Post a Comment